The IGS is one of the oldest societies in the world devoted to the study of ageing. Its core purposes are:
- Education and research in the study of ageing
- Promoting a better understanding by the general public of ageing and related issues
To redesign the IGS website. There previous site was wordpress and they were eager to have a site designed to spec for their needs.
- Information hub of resources
- To create clear and easy to browse event listings
- Communicate the purpose and goals of the IGS
The website is contemporary and user-friendly. IGS did not have brand guidelines or a consistent tone of voice so this colour palette was devised to support the IGS blue and give them a fresh modern look and feel. Large chunky icons and real photographs give the site personality and tone.
I was responsible for the planning, visual web design, user experience and project management of the design portion of the project. I was the sole designer on IGS with studio creative direction and I worked closely with our in house development team. The site is built in Drupal.
This site was designed while working for Dara Creative
Live - go have a look irishgerontology.com website
Went live in Aug 2013